LEGO for Education
LEGO® Education has been working with teachers and educational specialist for more than 40 years to deliver playful learning experiences that brings subjects to life in the classroom and make learning fun and impactful. From a wide range of physical and digital educational resources, LEGO encourages students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
The LEGO curriculum provides solutions for teaching and hands-on learning inspire interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM), targeted at preschool, elementary and middle school. These are based on the LEGO® system for playful learning combined with curriculum-relevant material and digital resources.
With educational sets, lesson plans and curriculum material, assessment tools and teacher training and support, we can help you meet your curriculum objectives and provide you with the tools you need to make learning inspiring, engaging and effective.
Expanding the knowledge and building academic and 21st century skills will create active, collaborative, lifelong learners. Together with educators, we aim to enable every student to succeed in education and be prepared for future life challenges.
Our goals at SMFCSD are to provide our students with an opportunity to learn through purposeful play
This play, in groups of 2 or 3 students (planned for 2’s) has LOTS of benefits:
- Students experience engineering and are able to develop their engineering skills in every activity
- Allows students to experience and learn to work in a give-and-take situation
- Provides Ss with problem-solving opportunities
- Allows them to see that they can tackle challenging problems
- Allows them to express themselves to peers and to larger groups and have something exciting to talk about
- Provides a safe place to fail
- SEL growth
- Chances to learn coding (possibly for the first time)
- Teachers will use the student experiences to drive some writing opportunities in the classroom
- Students will see the correlation to and gain reinforcement of ideas from their Science lessons
…and many others!